- Ditt bibliotek (1,502)
- First Edition (961), personally signed by author (396), Advance Reading Copy (331), WH (121), signed (111), personally signed by illustrator (90), paper engineering (80), Newbery Honor (75), personally signed by author & illustrator (74), Pop-up (73), UK Author (69), Newbery Medal (64), duplicate copy (60), World Book Night (57), PH (53), later printing (46), NBA Finalist (40), Caldecott Honor (34), Caldecott Medal (33), Printz Honor (32), graphic novel (29), US 2012 (26), personally inscribed by author (26), First Edition Thus (26), signed x 2 (23), NF (23), First Edition UK (21), Poetry (19), F&G (16), Audio CD (16), softcover (15), US 2013 (13), NBA Medal (13), Printz Medal (13), AU author (12), signed by illustrator (11), Little Golden Book (10), Review copy (9), personally signed bookplate laid in (9), CSK Author Award (9), Limited Edition (9), personally inscribed by illustrator (8), US 2014 (7), Horn Book review copy (7), Horn Book Magazine (7), personally inscribed by author & illustrator (7), Parents Magazine Press (7), annotated (7), CSK Illustrator Honor (6), Carnegie Medal (6), Pulitzer (6), Wm. C. Morris finalist (6), Whitbread Award (6), inscribed by author (6), First Edition 2nd printing (5), First Edition Japanese (5), Sibert Honor (5), Bonnie (4), UK 2011 (4), UK 2012 (4), 1st Edition (4), signed bookplate laid in (4), CSK Author Honor (4), Wm. C. Morris Medal (4), self published (4), Graphic Novel (3), ARC UK (3), die cut (3), Booker Prize (3), Books of Wonder (3), Sibert Medal (3), Hugo Award (3), signed by author and illustrator (3), personally signed by HRH Duchess of York (2), slipcase (2), 1st edition (2), Sibert award (2), sealed (2), A (2), personally inscribed by HRH Duchess of York (2), BCE (2), signed companion bookplate laid in (2), DVD (2), YALSA NF Award Finalist (2), Mark Teague (2), French author (2), UK 2013 (2), CSK Author Book Award (1), YALSA NF Award Medal (1), personally signed by editors (1), signed by J K Rowling (1), personally inscribed by Peter (1), Limited Edition 221/225 (1), YALSA NF Finalist (1), Sotheby's Auction Catalogue (1), Maurice Sendak intro. (1), The House In the Night (1), National Ambassador for Young People's Literature (1), Schneider Famly Book Award ages 11-13 (1), #54 of 125 (1), 2 World Fantasy Awards (1), inscribed bookplate by author laid in (1), personally signed sketch by author (1), reverse with My Friend Is Sad (1), WH & PH (1), BBC Video (1), CSK Illustrator Award (1), personally signed by author and Ms. Colvin (1), Bound Manuscript (1), Limited Edition 75/500 (1), winner Coretta Scott King book award (1), Limited Edition 133/235 (1), Limited Edition 432/500 (1), Limited Edition 364/1700 (1), UK 2010 (1), Limited Edition 271/450 (1), Limited Edition 550/1000 (1), First Edition AU (1), Limited Edition 170/500 (1), Limited Edition 1545/2000 (1), First Edition 201/250 (1), Nobel Prize Lit. 2013 (1), Variant 583 (1), signed by Holly & Tony (1), signed x 3 (1), USA 2014 (1), 2012 Margaret A. Edwards Award for Dark is Rising Sequence (1), un-numbered duplicate copy (1), signed x 11 (1), personally signed by CVanAllsburg (1), LSPark (1), Oscar for Animated Short Film Lost Thing (1), signed Neil Gaiman Pierce Watters Paul Wilson (1), personally signed by artist (1), Limited Edition 189/300 (1), Limited Edition 82/300 (1), Limited Edition 74/200 (1), Book 1 (1), 51/314 A (1), author signed bookplate laid-in (1), Star Trek (1), P.J. Lynch (1), Kate DiCamillo (1), signed by authors (1), 60th Anniversary (1), E (1), B (1), Robert Sabuda (1), Peter Sis (1), Hugo finalist (1), Book 5 (1), Jerry Pinkney (1), Centennial Edition (1), Matthew Reinhart (1), Lion and the Mouse (1), Arthur Rackham illustrations (1), Eric Rohmann (1), BEA (1), Book 3 (1), Barry Moser (1), Book 4 (1), New Age (1), BOMC (1), Booker (1), Nebula Award (1), 2nd printing (1), signed bookplate (1), Promo (1), Barbara McClintock (1), Jon Muth (1), 6th printing (1), 8th printing (1), Leo & Diane Dillon (1), promo copy (1), Star Wars (1), David Shannon (1), eBook (1), Book 2 (1), Chelsey McLaren (1), personally signed by Lore Segal translator (1), Illustrations Jessie Willcox Smith (1), personally signed by author and illustrator (1), Kadir Nelson (1), Hello Goodbye Window (1), Who's In Rabbits House (1), Sendak at 75 (1), personally signed by author in Japanese (1), Carol H Rasco CEO (1), 48/296 C (1), with wine text (1), signed by Leonard Marcus (1), personally signed by Arthur Yorinks & Matthew Reinhart (1), personally inscribed by dedicatee and author (1), signed by Gail DeMarcken (1), Mary GrandPre (1), Andrew Carnegie Award (1), Stephen Huneck (1), Gregory Maguire (1), 57/285 A (1), NBA Winner (1), Paul O. Zelinsky (1), World Book Day (1), Steven Kellog (1), 25th Anniv. (1), 40th Anniv (1), signed by Susan Jeffers (1), 51/122 B (1), Pat Cummings (1), 53/156 A (1), 4210/54 A (1), 100th Anniv. (1), 10th Anniv (1), 50th Anniv (1), Richard Egielski (1), Raul Colon (1), Pack 1 (1)
- Taggmoln, Författarmoln, Taggspegel
- Gått med
- Feb 29, 2008
- Om mitt bibliotek
- Books tagged "personally signed" were either signed for me in person or were mailed to the author/illustrator with their consent for their signature.
"Personally inscribed" is inscribed to Eleanor, Henry, Deanna or Amelia by author/illustrator. "Inscribed by author" is to a third party.
"Signed", the book was purchased signed by the author.
Later printing is any printing other than a First Printing, which are tagged First Edition.
WH, White house & PH, Parker House tags; books in different location
- Om mig
- "When we give children books, we become part of their future, part of their most cherished memories and part of their entire life. Children's books change lives." Anita Silvey, EVERYTHING I NEED to KNOW I LEARNED from CHILDREN'S BOOKS, 2009
When my first grandchild, Eleanor, was about 18 months old I decided to start a library and by more books than toys. A local children’s librarian mentioned the Eric Carle Museum which is not far from our home. Mr. Carle was scheduled to be there the following month. We went, met Mr. Carle, purchased several books, had them signed and thus the genesis of this library and the first, signed first edition, PANDA BEAR, PANDA BEAR, WHAT DO YOU SEE
About a year after I began collecting Caldecott's and illustrated books I discovered Advance Reading Copies which led me into acquiring Young Adult titles and Newbery titles. Along the way I have added adult titles I thought should be in their collection. Some are my personal choices and some I have chosen with them in mind as they grow up. It is my decision to collect Pop-ups for their library. I couldn't stop. I thought it was only going to be illustrated books.
I now (2014) have four grandchildren ages 1,5,9 and 12. I continue to collect every day. It has been a very rewarding experience and I feel very fortunate to have been able to meet some wonderful collectors, authors and booksellers who have guided me, even when I had my doubts and stubborn ideas in my head, in the right direction in making the right selections. One of those collectors and author was the late Peter Sieruta. We talked, we traded and he tutored & I learned. His knowledge was invaluable and I miss his charm and knowledge about children's book and most of all our conversations. Thank you Peter. RIP
I have developed a preference for some authors and illustrators but have tried to keep a balance not knowing what genre they will embrace later in life.
This collection is a work in progress and lots of fun not to mention addictive.
- Connecticut, Rhode Island and Florida
- Intressant bibliotek
- AlexanderHamiltonI, angelikat, anglemark, bibliojim, bibliomaniacslibrary, booknerdnyc, booksmatter, booktalker, brennayovanoff, C.S._Lewis, CandlewickPress, CarlSandburgLibrary, CharlesDarwin, clpreforders, credo, CuriosityWorkshop, DanielWebster, devenish, EarlyReviewers, edspicer, ErnestHemingway, fastusminimus, Franz_Kafka, FScottFitzgerald, GeorgeOrwellLibrary, GeorgeSPatton, GeorgeWashington, goydaeh, GrahamGreene, HarryTruman, HenryLee, Ian_Fleming, illustrationfan, JackieGleason, JamesJoyceLibrary, JBD1, JohnAdams, JohnFKennedy, KarenBlixenLibrary, KatharineHepburn, kcpiano, kday_working, kellylink, LaurieHalseAnderson, LeonardodaVinci, LettaAvanell, Lewis_Carroll, LFensterman, librogurl, LonghornReaders, malinablue, MarieAntoinette, marilynmonroelibrary, MaryEPearson, MaryQueenOfScots, MelissaMarr, mhcityplanner, pageboy, PhillisWheatley, Psierut, Rembrandt, Rettstatt, RichardHenryLee, robinmckinleysblog, RoeschLeisure, RogerMifflinLibrary, RoseWilderLane, SaintSunniva, sarahmillerbooks, sarazarr, SewickleyTeen, shelf-employed, shelftalker, skullduggery, smallbeerpress, sparksflyup, SusanBAnthony, SusanSontag, SusieBookworm, SylviaPlathLibrary, tapestry100, TELawrence, TempWmFExperiment, ThomasJefferson, WalkerPercy, weirweaver, WolfgangAMozart, wribar
Denna webbplats använder kakor för att fungera optimalt, analysera användarbeteende och för att visa reklam (om du inte är inloggad). Genom att använda LibraryThing intygar du att du har läst och förstått våra Regler och integritetspolicy. All användning av denna webbplats lyder under dessa regler.