- collectible (366), science fiction (322), non-fiction (110), fiction (99), Box3 (99), Box1 (92), technical library (87), Box2 (85), fantasy (64), Box4 (62), antique (57), resource (55), kindle (46), Latin (41), homely arts (41), anthology (39), history (27), computer software (25), humor (25), Thieves' World (24), read but unowned (23), poetry (23), technical (21), glass cabinet (20), double (20), computer language (20), reference (20), mathematics (20), philosophy (20), cookbook (16), Lingua Latina (16), sewing room (16), computer reference (14), Myth Adventures (14), biography (14), computer operating system (13), computer manual (13), X Windows (13), stainless steel rat (12), textbook (12), humanities (11), canning (10), ace double (10), algorithms (10), preserving (10), cognitive science (9), artificial intelligence (9), tor double (9), essays (9), Phil Foglio (8), computer network (8), math (8), ULTB (8), Camus (8), sewing pattern (7), New Pocket Classics (7), cryptography (6), textiles (6), computer (6), autobiography (6), science fantasy (6), collection (5), historical (5), practical encyclopedia (5), network standard (5), embroidery (5), computer programming (5), physics (5), computer architecture (5), Tenniel (4), computer science (4), rhetoric (4), computer security (4), language (4), lisp (4), religion (4), graphic novel (3), magic realism (3), comic (3), psychology (3), social psychology (3), network (3), new age (2), porcelain (2), collector's edition (2), medieval (2), mil-std-1553 (2), macular degeneration (2), horror (2), donated (2), information theory (2), medical (2), statistics (2), dictionary (2), crochet (2), cybernetics (2), hardcover (2), China (2), Fiction (1), political (1), Hardcover (1), Pamphlet (1), Box5 (1), nostalgia. political (1), computer scinnce (1), totally a legitimate work (1), koran (1), signet double (1), french literature (1), galaxy double (1), Now Read This (1), Edwardian (1), mythology (1), russian (1), software engineering (1), play (1), reprint (1), nostalgia (1), magazine (1), Alice in Wonderland (1), evolution (1), Shakespeare (1), charity (1), autobiographical (1), economics (1), politics (1), pamphlet (1), omnibus (1), vintage (1), spirituality (1), art (1), PBS (1), screenplay (1), suspense (1), internet (1), Buddha (1), alzheimer's (1), computational geometry (1), computer industry (1), grammar (1), linguistics (1), image processing (1), scopes monkey trial (1), natural language (1), Memorial Edition (1), predictions (1), Siddhartha (1), RPG (1), yoga (1), jewelry (1), temperance (1), knit (1), pattern recognition (1), cyrptography (1), garden (1), Could Not Resist (1)
- Taggmoln, Författarmoln, Taggspegel
- Ancient and Medieval Manuscripts, Antiquarian Books, Book Care and Repair, Book Collectors, Bug Collectors, Combiners!, Common Knowledge, WikiThing, HelpThing, Cookbookers, Discarded, Diverse Reading Challenge, Feminist Theory, Fiber Arts, Flaggers!, Gardens & Books, Geeks who love the Classics, Happy Heathens, Librarians who LibraryThing, Mathematics, Media Field Discussions, Needlearts, One Book One Thread, Purely Programmers, Science Fiction Fans, Spam Fighters!, Unique Library Thing Book Group, Written in Stone - The Literary Cemetery
- Gått med
- Nov 26, 2013
- Riktigt namn
- Lynda True
- Om mitt bibliotek
- Technical books, science fiction, and books that I'm sentimental about and can't give up. I also have a collection of various things ranging from 1550 to 1920. I often threaten to put them on eBay, but it's a lie. They're books. I don't seem to be able to give them up.
I've added an extra tag to books that are headed into storage. I expect that most of my science fiction (and fantasy) collection will end up there, for their own protection, and to maintain order. I'm indebted to the local bookstore that pointed me to the website where I can buy poly sleeves for my precious paperbacks.
It's https://www.bagsunlimited.com/, and the sleeve that fits most paperbacks is SPR (aka Regular Paperback Sleeve).
Before the majority of the books I've listed go into storage (in my house), I'm verifying the data and insuring that each and every item is correct. Since many of them are science fiction, I've been able to use the ISFDB to do this.
I wrote the above while I was new to LT. I've added more books, and am trying to buy only those I'm sure to read.
I've even opened up the case of random, non-science fiction books, to make a more interesting catalog. I'm nearly through with those works from the 1940s to 1970 or so, before ISBNs were in use. Interesting effects, including who shows up "On this day" (it seems to be affected more by the most recent entries, rather than the focus of a catalog).
- Om mig
- Because it's funny, and it will be easier to find this way.
Useful comments in the nightmare of redesign:
Helper link history
Notes are never temporary. I just don't seem to learn.
Notes for Eando Binder, when I have more time:
http://www.librarything.com/author/bindereando (that's Otto in the photo; there doesn't seem to be a photo of Earl)
Here are random notes about Florence Louie Friedman.
Author: Dr. B. W. Vilakazi: Poet
Translator: Florence Louie Friedman, Johannesburg: Witwatersrand University Press, 1973.
Author: (Jun 23, 2017) Zulu horizons by Benedict Wallet Vilakazi; rendered into English verse by Florence Louie Friedman, from the literal translation of D. Mck.
Married to Bernard Friedman.
I hope this note is just temporary. I've been dealing with an author, and I just have too much else to do to finish it.
Ah, Gene Wolfe, I already loved you. Here's a quote about his late wife (who died from, among other things, complications of Alzheimer's):
"There was a time when she did not remember my name or that we were married, but she still remembered that she loved me."
The link to my gardening thread is here.
Happy Birthday, Isaac Asimov (January 2): Here's to your eponymous school!
P.S. 99: The Isaac Asimov School for Science and Literature
Well, now I've seen everything. I like spending a few minutes, each morning, looking at the "On this day" births and deaths, to see if there's someone familiar, and to clean up (or add to) the "Links" section (which is often destroyed, for various reasons). This morning was Wendell Wilkie's turn, and I was amused (or perhaps bemused) to note one of the links at the bottom of the page.
Please note, that is NOT a fan site. It's a group of lawyers (Willkie, Farr, and Gallagher, LLP). Nope, nobody working there with the last name Willkie. Nothing in the "About Us" link either. Weird.
Originally, I said "I cleaned out my library, and have about 1/4 the books I did." LT has ruined that, of course. There are times where I just cannot resist adding another book, or (worse yet) discovered a new author.
Now that I've started using LT, I note that it is happy to point out when a title is duplicated. I'm a collector, not just a reader, and it's helpful to know that it's a duplicate, but it's not accidental.
I should add that I'm a purist, and prefer to add as much information about a book as possible, including cover art attribution where possible. I love books.
I upgraded my "other" account (@Lyndatrue2) as a quick way to provide additional support to LT. I even gave it a book.
I keep forgetting this one, so I'm leaving it here:
July 25, 2017. Look up titles, and find DDC numbers:
Convert Amazon ASIN numbers to various more useful things.
- Kennewick, Washington
- Läser just nu
- J. G. Ballard, Kathleen Bartholomew, Albert Camus, Samuel R. Delany, Philip K. Dick, Greg Egan, Harlan Ellison, Vincent Di Fate, Richard P. Feynman, Phil Foglio, Kelly Freas, Simson Garfinkel, William Gibson, Ursula K. Le Guin, Harry Harrison, Aldous Huxley, Kathryn Jackson, Donald E. Knuth, R. A. Lafferty, Fritz Leiber, John Lions, H. P. Lovecraft, Syd Mead, C. L. Moore, Daniel Keys Moran, John Morressy, Hans Henning Ørberg, Frederik Pohl, Bruce Schneier, Robert Sedgewick, Nate Silver, Cordwainer Smith, Neal Stephenson, W. Richard Stevens, James Tiptree Jr., Alvin Toffler, Kurt Vonnegut, Kate Wilhelm, Walter Jon Williams, Gene Wolfe
- Intressant bibliotek
Denna webbplats använder kakor för att fungera optimalt, analysera användarbeteende och för att visa reklam (om du inte är inloggad). Genom att använda LibraryThing intygar du att du har läst och förstått våra Regler och integritetspolicy. All användning av denna webbplats lyder under dessa regler.