- Alla samlingar (455), Own (267), 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die (72), Abandoned (5), Audiobook (15), Classics (120), Cookbooks (8), Essays (3), Fantasy (96), Fiction (371), Graphic Novel (7), Historical Fiction (8), Horror (57), Mystery (8), Nonfiction (29), Novellas (2), Plays (19), Poetry (27), Lästa men inte ägda (32), Read (91), Reference (9), Science Fiction (41), Short Stories (31), Thriller (7), Ska läsas (120), Used to Own (76), Youth Fiction (43), Önskelista (86)
- Fiction (371), Own (255), Classics (119), To Read (112), Fantasy (92), Read (87), Wishlist (86), Used to Own (77), 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die (71), Horror (58), Youth Fiction (43), Science Fiction (41), Short Stories (33), Read but unowned (33), Nonfiction (29), Poetry (27), Plays (19), Audiobook (13), Gave to BM (11), Memoir (9), Cookbooks (8), Reference (8), Historical Fiction (8), Mystery (8), Sword of Truth (8), Thriller (7), Dystopia (7), The Dark Tower (7), Favorites (7), Harry Potter (7), Vampires (7), Music (7), Arctic (6), Sookie Stackhouse (6), Polar Exploration (6), Knitting (5), The Dark is Rising Sequence (5), Abandoned (5), Northwest Passage (5), Graphic Novels (4), Crochet (4), Hercule Poirot (4), Franklin Expedition (4), Nebula Winner (4), Biography (4), Alanna of Trebond (4), LotR (3), Essays (3), Mistborn Trilogy (3), Graphic Novel (3), Gentlemen Bastards Sequence (2), Novellas (2), Antarctic (2), Hainish Cycle (2), SantaThing 2009 (2), Magids (2), Chinese Literature (2), Discworld (2), Postmodernism (2), To read (2), Mental Disorder (2), Fantasy Fiction (2), Health (2), Dalkey Archive (2), Pirates (1), Member Giveaway (1), Ringworld (1), African American (1), Used To Own (1), Dream Park Series (1), Night Angel Trilgoy (1), Gave to LT member (1), The Book of the New Sun (1), Franklin Exploration (1), Refernce (1), Omnibus CoN (1), Recommended by alcottacre (1), Recommended by blackdogbooks (1), Recommended by rebeccanyc (1), Man Kzin Wars (1), World War II (1), ER Book (1), Dog Training (1), Audiobooks (1), Folk Tales (1), Magical Realism (1), Alice in Wonderland (1), Crocheting (1), Autobiography (1), Asperger's syndrome (1), Hugo Award (1), Environmental Issues (1), Used to own (1), Hugo Winner (1), Fairy Tales (1), Percy Jackson (1), Autism (1), Ued to Own (1)
- Taggmoln, Författarmoln, Taggspegel
- (BOMBS) Books Off My Book Shelves 2012 Challenge, 100 Books in 2012 Challenge, 2013 Category Challenge, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, Arthurian Legends, Author Theme Reads, Books off the Shelf Challenge, Classical Music, Club Read 2011, Dalkey Archive, Dystopian novels, Graduate Students, I Love Jane Austen, Literary Snobs, North and South Poles, Philosophy and Theory, Poetry Fool, ROOT - 2013 Read Our Own Tomes, TBR Challenge, US Presidents Challenge (USPC), Writer-readers
- Gått med
- Feb 17, 2009
- Riktigt namn
- Om mitt bibliotek
- My library is full of books I love. I'm trying to buy less and use the library more because I'm a poor, poor person, so most of the books I actually own are favorites that I love to read and reread with a few unread books by favorite authors that I'll know I'll love. I recently donated a bunch of books, so I'm still in the process of updating my library to reflect what I actually own.
When I rate a book, I rate it within it's own genre. I don't expect a book by Scott Lynch to have the same speaking power as a book by Charles Dickens, but it's likely they have the same rating.
A brief explanation of my tags:
Own: I own these books, regardless of whether or not I have read them.
Read: These are the books I own and have read.
To Read: These are the books I own, have not read, but want to read and will eventually get around to it.
***Note: I do not mark collections of poetry as "Read" or "To Read" for the simple fact that I don't read them straight through but rather prefer to dip into them, savoring a poem here or there. To read them like a work of fiction takes away from their beauty and strength, I think.
Read But Unowned: I either borrowed these from the library or a friend and have read them.
Wishlist: I do not own these, have not read them, but really really want to.
Used To Own: I used to own these book and have read them, but for some reason or another I got rid of my copy (likely because I didn't like the book or didn't consider it rereadable and needed the shelf space).
Abandoned: Self explanatory, but these are really bad books that I couldn't finish. I would never recommend these books to anyone.
On Hiatus: Books that are okay and at some point, I plan on finishing but for the moment, I don't really feel like reading them.
Omnibus: I have a few books which are actually volumes of two or more books (for example: I have all of The Chronicles of Narnia in one volume). I like to review, but that has to be done for each book separately. If there's an Omnibus tag, it means the book is part of a bigger volume. There's a "code" after the word Omnibus (usually just an acronym of the series title - Chronicles of Narnia would be labeled as "Omnibus CoN") so if you want to know what volume it is in, match it up using this "code".
...and a quick explanation of my starring system:
5 stars - Hella fantastic and recommended for everyone! I found very few to no flaws.
4.5 stars - So close to being perfect but not quite there.
4 stars - Really good but I didn't love it. I really liked it though :)
3.5 stars - It wasn't that great but I guess it does have some redeeming qualities. I might try and attempt a reread in the future.
3 stars - Recommended if you're a fan of the genre or the summary strikes your fancy. I found it decent but thought there were some major faults. I don't regret reading it, but I regret buying it.
2.5 stars - I had to force myself to finish it.
2 stars - I didn't like it and I probably didn't finish it. Not recommended. Read at your own risk.
1.5 stars - I'm not quite sure how this got published. Definitely abandoned. Not recommended.
1 star -What an utterly awful, disgusting, meaningless piece of garbage. Reserved only for the worst of the worst.
.5 stars - In an act of self preservation, I have wiped the memory of this book from my mind. I have repressed the memory of attempting to read it and remember nothing about it. You'll have to read my angry review to know how I felt about this book.
I try to write a good, detailed review for every book I read. It's more for me. I like to be able to go back and read exactly what I thought about a particular book. If it helps someone else out too, then woot!
- Om mig
- I'm a twenty-five year old English grad student. I also teach at the university I'm taking classes at. When I have free time, which isn't often, I read. I think it would be fantastic to be a librarian and run my own library some day. Short of that, maybe owning a bookstore would be nice. Preferably a used one, as I love used books.
I tend to read multiple books at the same time because I'm always in a different mood and hate having to finish a book before I can start another one. It just makes me mad at the book I'm currently reading and it's never fun to be mad at reading :(
- United States
- Även på
- Lokala favoriter
- Intressant bibliotek
Denna webbplats använder kakor för att fungera optimalt, analysera användarbeteende och för att visa reklam (om du inte är inloggad). Genom att använda LibraryThing intygar du att du har läst och förstått våra Regler och integritetspolicy. All användning av denna webbplats lyder under dessa regler.