- Alla samlingar (25,375), Ditt bibliotek (25,183), Lästa men inte ägda (192)
- SF (13,762), Ebook (12,207), Mystery (4,652), Fiction (2,122), Literary criticism (643), Food and drink (408), DAW (397), Historical (373), Biography (356), Poetry (314), Graphic novel (261), Philosophy (238), Science (221), Drama (214), Essays (207), History (201), Romance (197), Dickinson collection (166), Religion (147), Books on books (143), Boxed (139), Books on writing (135), Memoir (132), Star Trek (128), SF literary criticism (128), Psychology (99), Law (85), Nature writing (70), Einstein collection (67), Fine arts (61), True crime (59), Cultural criticism (59), Politics (58), Physics (55), Rhetoric (52), Introducing collection (50), Biology (45), Astronomy (45), Travel (45), Reference (44), Feminism (43), Mentor collection (31), Science and religion (29), Natural history (29), Pedagogy (28), Technology (25), Erotica (23), History of science (23), Mythology (19), Letters (18), Ecology (17), Stamps (15), Humor (15), Film criticism (14), Medicine (12), Anthropology (10), For Beginners collection (10), Language (10), Geology (9), Sociology (9), Television (9), Geography (8), Mathematics (8), Linguistics (8), Zoology (7), Neuroscience (7), Education (7), Photography (7), SF history (7), Movies (6), Games (6), Etymology (6), Notable Trials Library (6), Music (6), SF. Ebook (5), Political science (5), Science literacy (5), Artificial intelligence (5), SF reference (5), Business (4), Chemistry (4), Literary history (4), Humanities (3), Engineering (3), French (3), Economics (3), Western (3), Media (3), Architecture (3), Drama criticism (2), Evolution (2), Italy (2), SF Ebook (2), Theater (2), Paleontology (2), Children's books (2), Philosophy of science (2), Gardening (2), Computers (2), Comedy (2), Greece (1), Diaries (1), Books about books (1), Biotechnology (1), Botany (1), Aviation (1), Ebppl (1), Paris (1), Archaeology (1), Sherlock Holmes (1), Biogrpahy (1), German (1), Bridges (1), Semantics (1), Space exploration (1), FIction (1), Aging (1), Health (1), Intellectual history (1), Religion and politics (1)
- Taggmoln, Författarmoln, Taggspegel
- Gått med
- Apr 15, 2008
- Riktigt namn
- Terry Weyna
- Om mitt bibliotek
- One can never have too many books. I mourn the coming of electronic books, because I consider the paper book the perfect technology -- not to mention that a book feels good in the hand, smells good, just fits a beautiful day under a tree or in a comfy chair by a fire.
I've amassed a considerable library of speculative fiction, my moniker for those books I hate to divide up into science fiction, fantasy, horror, New Weird, interstitial fiction, slipstream, or whatever label they've chosen to hang on it today -- fiction that's not of this world, but might be close to it. But I also have a large library of mysteries, literature, essays, criticism, science, religion, poetry -- you name it, there's probably a book about it here somewhere. There are books in every room in the house. That makes me happy.
Nothing in this library is part of my wishlist. I've got a written wishlist that's more than 60 pages long, and many -- divided by category -- that overlap somewhat, but not completely, on Amazon. It's pretty crazy. But man oh man, I do love books. There's nothing in the world I love more, except my husband -- and he appreciates just how much that means I love him.
- Om mig
- I'm a member of the group at Fantasy Literature (http://www.fantasyliterature.com), which is widely read by lovers of good fantasy, science fiction and horror -- which happen to be my favorite genres. In 2012, I had about a review a week posted on this website. Before I joined, the website had focused almost exclusively on fantasy; I've spearheaded the addition of horror reviews, encouraged the addition of science fiction reviews, brought another new reviewer on board, and also developed a weekly column devoted to short fiction. I particularly enjoy SF/F/H that is literary in nature, or tending toward the surreal; I take great joy in what has variously been called the New Weird or just the Weird, as well as what has been variously called slipstream or cross-genre work.
In early 2013, I joined Like Fire (http://www.openlettersmonthly.com/likefire/), where I post reviews of mainstream fiction, mysteries and thrillers, memoirs and biographies, and the occasional work of nonfiction. I have a surprising (to me) love for serial killer thrillers, but also love English mysteries (Robert Barnard being one of my favorite writers, and I loved Reginald Hill's Dalziel and Pascoe procedurals) and soft-boiled detectives (like Sue Grafton's Kinsey Malone and Marcia Muller's Sharon McCone). There is no rhyme or reason to what I like in the way of mainstream fiction; basically I just love good books. My nonfiction reading is limited, but tends to encompass politics, science and history more than anything else.
I have had reviews published at Gumshoe Review, SFRevu and SFSignal. I have previously written reviews for The Drood Review of Mystery and The Agony Column. I maintained a personal blog called Reading the Leaves from 2006 through 2013.
I am a lawyer by training, and currently practice part-time. I have taken graduate level courses in criticism (at University of California (Davis) and through the Science Fiction Foundation, as well as writing courses at various institutions, including Santa Clara University. I generally attend at least one literary conference each year, such as the World Fantasy Convention or the International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts (where I have presented papers on four occasions). I have been studying writing with Marta Randall for several years, and have recently submitted work for publication to literary journals; I am currently experimenting with my own short horror fiction.
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Intressant bibliotek
Denna webbplats använder kakor för att fungera optimalt, analysera användarbeteende och för att visa reklam (om du inte är inloggad). Genom att använda LibraryThing intygar du att du har läst och förstått våra Regler och integritetspolicy. All användning av denna webbplats lyder under dessa regler.