- Alla samlingar (9,287), vworp (279), *** (80), Best and Favorites and That (102), 2022 (433), Sure Bets... Probably (72), Books Brought (Back) to My Attention Recently, To Read (51), BR TBR TBR (32), Ditt bibliotek (8,416), Läser just nu (2), Alpha To Read (917), Ska läsas (5,211), Unread (5,717), Read (1,509), Lästa men inte ägda (198), Read in Part (116), 5-Star Reads (226), Yearly Top Five Reads (60), Favoriter (35), Önskelista (22), Abandoned, Try Again (356), Abandoned (98), Cull (67), Culled (387), Lycomayflower recs picture books (33), Lycomayflower recs YA/MG (17), Lycomayflower recs comics/graphic novels (27), Lycomayflower recs fiction (32), Lycomayflower recs nonfiction (39), Lycomayflower recs sff (35), Lycomayflower recs romance (21), HMW's Top Ten Novels (10), LSK's GAN+ (11), Persistent TBR (37), Series TBR (61), Core Heart (81), Secondary Heart (25), Secondary Head (15), Core Head (126), MPG (579), Pratchett (44), Dragonlance (159), Thirkell (20), Tolkien (105), Star Wars (52), Supernatural (32), Star Trek (297), Babylon 5 (5), Returned Library Books (183), Not Here (296), Boxed (122), Remember (321), LEK PB BOX PA ATTIC (39), Reader's Digest Editions from MYS (12)
- american (6,252), 21st century (6,007), fiction (3,762), sff (2,462), 20th century (2,375), romance (1,693), british (1,568), fantasy (1,381), bought 2022 (1,047), queer (898), nonfiction (794), science fiction (678), bought 2016 (676), ya (673), bought 2017 (647), bought 2018 (613), bought 2021 (603), bought 2019 (552), bought 2020 (550), bought 2015 (470), mystery (456), graphic (345), bought 2023 (342), literary fiction (336), commercial fiction (273), not here (269), star trek (259), 19th century (246), illustrated (243), singles (237), history (222), childrens (205), bought 2014 (194), borrowed (185), read 2018 (170), at home (167), comics (153), criticism (143), historical fiction (143), translated (142), christmas (140), memoir (129), middle grade (120), retelling (115), series (112), pa closet (112), pa attic (109), read 2015 (107), australian (105), picture book (102), returned (101), sapphic (98), read 2017 (97), essays (96), read 2016 (94), tolkien (93), read 2019 (91), short stories (91), canadian (86), read 2020 (79), graphic novel (76), irish (72), ! (71), first edition (70), new zealand (68), poetry (63), ST green label box PA (62), 18th century (62), LW3 (60), read 2022 (60), read 2021 (60), arthurian (58), read 2014 (58), TOS box PA (57), religion (55), star wars (53), ghosts and angels (51), scottish (50), biography (49), drama (49), humor (48), guide (48), french (48), film (47), america (40), br tbr (39), television (38), german (37), STEM (37), boxed (37), read 2023 (36), kiwi (35), science (34), supernatural (33), LW3r (31), Box 1 (31), middle ages (31), sexuality (31), horror (30), vampires (30), reference (30), robin hood (30), Box 4 (29), theory (29), writing (29), audio (28), japanese (28), author connection (28), britain (28), * (27), pa attic 422 (27), 17th century (26), language (26), mythology (26), pa attic 425 (26), scotland (25), wishlist (23), antiquity (23), returned library book (23), philosophy (23), signed (23), modernism (22), red crate (22), Box 2 (21), russian (21), christmas 2019 (21), indian (21), music (20), Box 3 (20), textbook (19), botm (19), spanish (18), 16th century (18), christmas 2017 (18), christmas 2016 (17), american history (17), christmas 2018 (17), school (17), anthology (16), wwii (16), nature (16), literary criticism (16), european history (15), Voyager (15), ppbk2 (15), sharpe (15), TNG (15), civil war (14), greek (14), DS9 (14), on loan (13), wwi (13), Special Edition box (13), folktales (12), birthday 2016 (12), welsh (12), autobiography (12), books about books (12), christmas 2022 (11), thriller (11), 21 century (11), christmas 2014 (11), slightly foxed (11), sherlock holmes (10), swedish (10), social science (10), jewish (10), middle english (9), italian (9), europe (9), sport (9), craft (9), English box (8), birthday 2021 (8), christmas 2021 (8), lgbtqia+ (8), storage (8), LW3sp (8), grammar (8), manga (8), old (8), old english (8), nigerian (8), vietnamese (8), gender (7), language play (7), africa (7), christmas 2015 (7), letters (7), james bond (7), birthday 2017 (7), SEM (7), birthday 2018 (7), photography (6), austrian (6), christmas 2020 (6), birthday 2019 (6), english (6), recced book riot TBR (6), fandom (5), holocaust (5), inscribed (5), narrative (5), birthday 2020 (5), asian history (5), danish (5), great courses (5), JHS (5), chinese (5), New Frontier (5), brazilian (4), nonficiton (4), birthday 2023 (4), british history (4), birthday 2015 (4), turkish (4), stories (4), gave away (4), ebook (4), pennsylvania (4), commericial fiction (4), scandinavian (4), divorce (4), football (4), native peoples (4), finnish (3), fiction sff (3), hungarian (3), china (3), swiss (3), mine (3), polish (3), classic (3), middle east (3), south african (3), birthday 2022 (3), politics (3), chilean (3), reading (3), argentinian (3), roman (3), dutch (3), peruvian (2), math (2), african (2), singaporean (2), israeli (2), malaysian (2), australia (2), dummy copy (2), icelandic (2), norwegian (2), parody (2), asia (2), suspense (2), dominican (2), ethiopian (2), czech (2), czechoslavakian (2), 13th century (2), travel (2), self-help (2), geography (2), food (2), government (2), 11th century (2), medicine (2), medieval (2), latin american (2), childres (1), bulgarian (1), historical (1), 15th cetury (1), ficton (1), fanfic nonfic (1), crafts (1), bangladeshi (1), culled (1), pakastani (1), cookbook (1), sierra leone (1), 12th century (1), reliigon (1), serbian (1), ukrainian (1), 5th century (1), cameroonian (1), fictoin (1), american fiction (1), togo (1), palestinian (1), ancient (1), rimance (1), colombian (1), angels (1), australilan (1), fantays (1), trinidadian (1), graphic memoir (1), podcast (1)
- Taggmoln, Författarmoln, Taggspegel
- 20-Something LibraryThingers, 50 Book Challenge, 75 Books Challenge for 2009, 75 Books Challenge for 2010, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2018, 75 Books Challenge for 2019, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books Challenge for 2021, 75 Books Challenge for 2022, 75 Books Challenge for 2023, Anglophiles, Graduate Students, Hogwarts Castle, Le Salon Littéraire du Peuple pour le Peuple, Sidebar, Star Trek Books, Tolkien Lovers, William Faulkner and his Literary Kin
- Gått med
- Dec 2, 2005
- Riktigt namn
- Om mitt bibliotek
- The books in this catalogue belong to both me and my husband. For this reason and because we both read widely, you will find all sorts of books here. There's heaps of contemporary fiction (skewed to the British side) as well as significant collections of Tolkien criticism, writing craft theory, literary theory and criticism, history, science, science fiction, Star Trek, Dragonlance, and Pratchett.
With the exception of some composition textbooks lost in boxes in closets and the odd library book, every book that lives at or has passed through my home is in my cataglogue. Most of the books in my catalogue are in my possession, but a few hundred (returned library books, books loaned to me and returned, wishlist books, etc) are not.
I tag all of my books with century written and nationality of the author. I only add additional tags if I think it likely that I should like to be able to find that book along with similar others using a certain topic, such as "science fiction" or "ya" or "sexuality." Books tagged "bubblegum" are lighthearted, fun, easy reads that probably have little nutritional value. Books tagged "LW3" are those books belonging to my mother with which I have squirrelled off.
Favorites: My all-time, mostest of most favorite of favorite reads. Also those books which meant a great deal to me at some point in my life (many of them still do).
5-Star Reads: Books I rated either 4.5 or 5 stars when I read them. A small fraction of what I've read, but still a pretty big collection. Roughly speaking the top ten percent of books I've read, in terms of my enjoyment of them. My "Favorites" collection is more like the top one percent.
Yearly Top-Five Reads Starting in 2010, I started listing my favorite first-time reads of the year in my year-end sum-up post. This collection lists all those books. Some overlap with "5-Star Reads," but ultimately a very different list. These are those reads that stood out to me (usually) months after the fact, and often they aren't books I gave 4.5 or 5 stars when I'd first finished reading them.
Wishlist: Where I put books I'd like to read. I remove books from this collection once I've acquired or read them.
Oo, oo, oo Wishlist Where I put books I really, really, really want to read, soon. I remove books from this collection once I've acquired or read them.
Secondary Wishlist Where I put books I may still want to read but am no longer very excited about. I'm not actively looking for them, but I don't want to forget about them. I remove books from this collection once I've acquired or read them.
MPG: Books belonging to my husband, most especially those he owned before we merged households but also any he would consider his and would like to be able to find easily in the catalogue.
Tolkien; Thirkell; Pratchett: Each of these authors has his or her own collection so that we can easily see which books we have by or about him or her. My collection of Tolkien criticism is significant, and my husband's Pratchett collection is large. The Thirkell collection is new to me, and grows slowly.
Star Trek; Dragonlance: I recently "finished" my Star Trek book collection. I have every TOS numbered novel through #88, as well as most of the novels that came out before they started numbering them and many of the hardcovers. Husband has an extensive (though nowhere near complete) Dragonlance collection.
To Read: Those books which I have been considering consistently in the last year or so whenever it's time to pick a new thing to read. The collection represents only a very small fraction of the books in my possession which I have not read. I remove books from this collection once I've read them.
Read: A quite accurate collection of books from my catalogue which I have read.
Unread: A somewhat selective collection of books from my catalogue that I have not read. A very different collection than "To Read," and not including books I have started and abandoned, books read in part, unread books still in my catalogue but no longer in my possession (such as returned library books), unread books I do not consider ones I would ever read in the whole (such as dictionaries, guidebooks, and other reference works), and books which belong to my husband and which came into our collection without my ever intending to read them. Perhaps the least "useful" of my collections, and existing mostly as a reminder that I do not necessarily need to go out and buy any more books. *snort*
Library Books: Books borrowed from the library and currently in my possession.
Returned Library Books: Library books I have returned, whether read or unread. If I subsequently acquire my own copy of one of these books, I remove the book from this collection.
My Rating System:
I think of my books in terms of the reading experience, not necessarily in terms of the quality of the thing itself. In other words, I might give Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire five stars because I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, while I might give Heart of Darkness three stars because I have had to force myself to keep going each time I've read it. Those ratings do not reflect any assessment on my part regarding the quality of the work (accept as far as enjoying a book suggests it is a "good" book). It doesn't, in other words, necessarily mean I hold Harry Potter above Heart of Darkness in terms of literary merit, writing quality, et cetera.
Zero Stars: I haven't read it.
One Star: The reading experience was wretched. I wouldn't touch it again if you paid me.
Two Stars: The reading experience was poor. I probably won't look at it again.
Three Stars: The reading experience was fair. I may not have liked the book, but I either learned something from it or concede that it is an important work despite my dislike of it. I would also put under this rating books that I enjoyed while reading but of which I had little meaningful recollection afterwards.
Three and one half Stars: The only half-star rating I find myself using frequently. These are the books I enjoyed quite a bit, probably do remember well and fondly, but probably wouldn't read again.
Four Stars: The reading experience was good. I liked the book quite a bit, and might read it again. I would probably recommend it.
Five Stars: The reading experience was fabulous. I love the book, and likely wouldn't object to dipping into it at any point--or maybe even rereading it in its entirety several times. I recommend it.
- Om mig
- I'm a late-thirty-something living in a house nestled into a tiny slice of countryside right at the edge of the city and with a lovely man who likes to sit and read almost as much as I do. I have a BA in English and history, an MA in Creative Writing, and a PhD in Creative Writing and work as a copy editor and proofreader. These facts are only partly responsible for the proliferation of books.
My 2020 Thread at the 75-Books Challenge
My Photography Tumblr
My Blog, where I often talk about books and reading.
My Library at LibraryThing
Older Reading Threads at LT:
My 2019 Thread at the 75-Books Challenge
My 2018 Thread at the 75-Books Challenge
My 2017 Thread at the 75-Books Challenge
My 2016 Thread at the 75-Books Challenge
My 2015 Thread at the 75-Books Challenge
My 2014 Thread at the 75-Book Challenge
My 2013 Thread at the 75-Book Challenge
My 2012 Thread at the 75-Book Challenge
My 2011 Thread at the 75-Book Challenge
My 2010 Thread at the 75-Book Challenge
My 2009 Thread at the 75-Book Challenge
My 2008 Thread at the 50-Book Challenge
- Roanoke, Virginia
- Läser just nu
- Lokala favoriter
Boklådor: Too Many Books
- Intressant bibliotek
Denna webbplats använder kakor för att fungera optimalt, analysera användarbeteende och för att visa reklam (om du inte är inloggad). Genom att använda LibraryThing intygar du att du har läst och förstått våra Regler och integritetspolicy. All användning av denna webbplats lyder under dessa regler.