Lynda's -"Those were the days" 12 in 12
Bara medlemmar i LibraryThing kan skriva.
Denna diskussion är för närvarande "vilande"—det sista inlägget är mer än 90 dagar gammalt. Du kan återstarta det genom att svara på inlägget.
I've Finished my Challenge
1. Through the door there came familiar laughter- Humorous re-read Done
2. I saw your face a heard you call my name-Biographies Done
3. Oh my friend we're older but no wiser- Banned Books- Done
4. For in our hearts the dream is still the same- Romance-Done
5.Those were the days my friends- History Done
6. We thought they'd never end- Series Done
7. We'd sing and dance Forever and a day- Operas-Done
8. We'd live the life we choose- Fantasy Done
9. We'd fight and never lose- Mystery/thriller Done
10. For we were young and sure to have our way- Children/Young Adults Done
11. LA,la,la,la,la,la- Audio Done
12. Those were the days, Oh yes those were the days- TBR Done
1. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
1. World Beyond Pluto read 1-15-2012
2. Dealing with Dragons read 1-18-2012
3. Dragonspell read 9-01-2012
4. Paul is Undead read 8-25-2012
5. Dragonquest read 9-02-2012
6. Star Trek: The Romulan Way read 9-20-2012
7. Star Trek: Faces of Fire read 9-27-2012
8. Star Trek: Shell Game read 10-05-2012
1. The Hemlock Avenue Mystery read 1-14-2012
2. They Do It With Mirrors 5-13-2012
3. Live and Let Die read 2-18-2012
4. The Mountain Cat Murders 8-11-2012
5. An Overdose of Death 9-01-2012
6. Sainted Murder read 8-26-2012
7. Death on a Diagonal 8-30-2012
8. Knock-down read 8-31-2012
9. Risk read 8-31-2012
1. The Tale of Peter Rabbit read 1-16-2012
2. The Velveteen Rabbit raed 1-16-2012
3. The Tale of Despereaux read 9-04-2012
4. The Worlds Best Fairy Tales 9-18-2012
5. The Lost Hero read 10-12-2012
6. The Son of Neptune read 10-16-2012
7. The Mark of Athena read 10-20-2012
8. Return to Labyrinth read 10-18-2012
9. Warrior: Into the Wild read 10-24-2012
10. Red Pyramid read 10-31-2012
1. Agnes Grey heard 1-19-2012
2. Idyll Thoughts of an Idyll Fellow heard 5-10-2012
3. Reeve's Silent Bullet heard 5-15-2012
4. The Mystery of Edwin Drood heard 9-17-2012
5. The Importance of Being Earnest heard 10-14-2012
6. A Damsel in Distress heard 10-14-2012
7. The Murder of Rodger Ackroyd heard 10-18-2012
8. Little Women heard 10-20-2012
9. The Scarlet Pimpernel heard 10-29-2012
10. A Christmas Carol heard 11-1-2012
11. The Count of Monte Cristo heard 11-21-2012
1. With Violets read 9-02-2012
2. The People's Pope read 9-10-2012
3. Crime and Punishment read 9-10-2012
4. Wycliffe and the Cycle of Death read 9-05-2012
5. Memory and Identityread 9-06-2012
6. Dead Cert read 9-08-2012
7. Robert Frost's Poems read 9-14-2012
8. The Cat Who Played Brahms read 9-14-2012
9. Samuel Beckett read 9-19-2012
10. Wildflowers of North America read 9-20-2012
11. Bravo! A Guide to Opera for the Perplexed read 9-21-2012
12. The Turn of the Screw read 10-01-2012
Good luck with your very creative categories.
I haven't set up my 12/12 thread yet, though I was toying with a list of song titles to use. Now I'm running through song lyrics in my head trying to find one that would work for me . . . if I find one, would you mind if I borrow your idea, as long as I give credit to you and your "those were the days" thread for the idea?? But I doubt that I'll be clever enough to find a song that would work for my challenge.
1. Love at First Flight read 12-28-2011
I just couldn't care about the characters. The subplot of the trial was good however.
Charming story of love hidden not only from the loved but the lover and not always well.
4. A Husband for Margaret
Very good stories. I will be looking for more like this.
Wonderful insight not just about the world of opera but pre-World War 1 Europe also. Very interesting.
Was very good. Had a great twist at the end.
I loved Johnny Mayhem. Will definately be on the look out for more.
I knew the story but never actually read the book, I loved it.
Last year I realized that I have never read this book before. The sad part.. it was my sisters favorite book growing up. Can't wait to read it to my grand-kids now.
Cimorene decides to volunteer to be a Dragon's Princess instead of marrying a prince she didn't love.
This was not the dull reference book I expected. Instead it was an insiders look at the people and jobs. It was a humorous and eye opening look at a world within a world.
Had hard time getting through this book. I tried reading it then listening to it. I finally got through it.
Love seeing the different costumes and staging from the past.
Banned due to the subject matter. Would make a great late night soap drama.
You're progressing really well in this challenge, Lynda.
Great bio of Poe's life rather then his legend.
The Mountain Cat Murders: Della Brand was all set to shoot a man, so of course when her gun was found at the murder of Dan Jackson she was the prime suspect. Only he wasn't the man she was aiming to kill.
I hear you! I don't think it ever slows down.
The Lost Hero was all about Jason winding up at Camp Half-Blood with no memories of who he is are where he's been. The son of Jupiter he is sent on a quest to destroy the goddess Gaea before she fully awakes and destroy everything.
The Son of Neptune has Percy at Camp Jupiter with only one thing in his memory to hold on to, the name Annabeth. Hera sends him and his new friends on a quest to rescue her and his memories. Once this is accomplished he sets out Rome to deal with Gaea.
The Mark of Athena Annabeth has been given a quest she has to achieve alone. Can she avenge her mother and bring the Romans and Greeks together to defeat Gaea?
These were very quick reads and well written. The only complaint I have that the next book isn't due out till Fall of 2013.
I know how that goes! With some audio books that is really a problem.
Isaac's Storm was about that storm, and was fantastic. (Erik Larson is a favorite author of mine.) I'm wondering if this book you read would add anything to my knowledge or understanding if the Galveston hurricane.
This was a re-read for me and I throughly enjoyed it just as I did the first time.
Arthur Dent finds himself on an extraordinary journey after Ford Prefect saves him when the world is destroyed for an hyper spatial express route.
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe Tells you to always have your towel at hand and Don't Panic.