New Shutesbury Library Fundraising Project

DiskuteraAll Things New England

Bara medlemmar i LibraryThing kan skriva.

New Shutesbury Library Fundraising Project

Denna diskussion är för närvarande "vilande"—det sista inlägget är mer än 90 dagar gammalt. Du kan återstarta det genom att svara på inlägget.

1lwbooklover
apr 10, 2012, 4:11am

Hello all,

I read an article on good.is today. It was featured in their "Daily Good" e-newsletter I receive. This small town's local library (M.N. Spear Memorial Library) is housed in a 900 square foot building that was built in 1902 and has no running water. The state of Massachusetts is willing to cover 60% of the $3.5 million needed to build a new, energy-efficient building for the library, but the town needs to come up with the other 40% by June 30, 2012. A video featuring the library and its patrons has gone viral. The total amount of donations and pledges received as of March 17, 2012, is $31,977.21. As a long-time volunteer at my local city library here in Southern California, I know how much our libraries have been suffering under the budget ax, unfortunately, at a time when even more people are turning to them for help, education, and entertainment. Knowing that everyone on LibraryThing is here because they love books, I thought this would be a good place to get the word out. Please consider donating to this library or your local library or at least spreading the word!

Thank you!

Link to good.is article: http://www.good.is/post/a-small-town-s-library-love-goes-viral-earns-donations?u...

Link to library's page: http://mnspear.org/

Link to the library's Fundly.com fundraiser page: http://fundly.com/shutesburylibrary

2avaland
apr 10, 2012, 10:44am

Thanks for posting this! I only hope the community will be able to afford the library after it's been built (I see the town vote to raise the money came out in a tie).

3WalterMan86
sep 24, 2012, 9:34am

Detta konto har stängts av för spammande.