Denna diskussion är för närvarande "vilande"—det sista inlägget är mer än 90 dagar gammalt. Du kan återstarta det genom att svara på inlägget.
- What titles or genres are you reading in 2019?
- Are you reading classics or new releases?
- What books to you hope to read this year?
- What would you recommend to someone just discovering lesbian or queer fiction?
- What has been your favorite read(s) of 2019?
1. Love in the Time of Global Warming.
So, I've only read one lesbian fiction title this year, this YA (or possible middle grade) book. It's a sort of retelling of the Odyssey, using a magical realism style. This story features multiple queer youth characters.
2. Irritable Hearts: A PTSD Love Story
I'm currently reading a memoir by a bisexual woman, but most relationships detailed in the book are with men.
3. Shameless: A Sexual Reformation by Nadia Bolz-Weber and Walking the Bridgeless Canyon by Kathy Baldock.
I've also read portions of two religion books that feature content and commentary on gay Christians.
I've already read the latter more than once, and it's the most well-researched book I've ever read on this subject and I highly recommend it for anyone struggling with how to talk to people about the history of "homosexuality" and the church. I think it can be completely eye-opening for straight readers, and I've found that even gay readers learn a lot about not just the church and our society, but also about queer history. It is a really thought-provoking book.