This book is dedicated to the memory of the many 'old timers' who started the Old Mill of Guilford and kept it going over the past 250 years. It all began in 1764 when Daniel Dillon got a license from Rowan County Court to build the mill. The mill seems to have been built in 1767.
Other families who owned the mill over the years were: Sanders, Blaylock, Brittain, Stafford, Baynes, Lowery, Cude, Beeson, Hendrix, McLeod, Bailes, Flynt and Parnell.
Special recognition is given to Charlie Parnell for his work in repairing the mill when he bought it in 1977. He restored one of the oldest historic landmarks in the United States.
All of these people worked hard and paid a price for us to enjoy the Old Mill of Guilford!